Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Athlete's Back

Brief Top 3 for Today's Highlights

1. I woke up and my back felt pretty good. But I had contracted pink-eye and my shoulder had completely popped out of socket during the night. Haha. Just kidding. No, actually, I felt pretty good so I went for a swim. I swam in the general direction of a boat that was floating out by the Ironman swim course - a little Robinson Crusoe type of dinghy. So I pull up alongside it...and it's basically a floating coffeeshop giving coffee to the swimming athletes! How cool is that? Or messed up? I don't know which. I didn't drink any coffee, but it made me wonder if that's a good idea for a franchise that could be called StarfishBucks. Or Coffish. Or Wake Up and Smell the Fish. OK, so I won't give up my day job.

2. Rode my bike on the Ironman marathon course. It is boring, rolling, lava fields. Hot and miserable. I kid you not - come Saturday it will be a death march. But like a death march with free energy candy and gatorade.

3. Had a massage from a gentleman that actually *walked on my back* in his bare feet. He just danced around up there like some kind of leprachaun. It was at a Farmer's Market in Kona. He was pretty good, really. So my back felt even better afterwards, but I think I need some anti-fungal cream so I don't contract Athlete's Back.

Good night,
Ben

2 comments:

M-Dot said...

Go Ben,
We hear that a good name for your a franchised swimup coffee house would be Good FINsations. Your morning special could be the starfish surprise with a side order of jellyfish rolls we hear that they are quite yummy.
So glad to hear that you're feeling better so sorry to hear about Edward should we send letters to PETA on his behalf?
Have a great Day!
J&M : )

Diane Swift said...

You go Ben,

Glad to hear you are feeling good.

Wow.....swim up coffee bar....Gee, I wonder if Cda is ready for that.'in the money'LOL

For the death ride in the heat, Hmmm, I'm thiking water bottle with small pump hooked up with mister tube going from handle bars overhead to back of seat. OH Yah....that would work. Bad news,
it would have to be a very large
water bottle.

Next best thing is find the genie
in the bottle and you will be granted three wishes...best swim, best ride, best run....

Heck, your a great athlete, and all the prayers your getting, You will have an awesome race...

Diane