Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dinner and massage with a happy ending.

Tuesday: I spent the better part of my morning negotiating the price of a scooter down to just $8 a day. It's the little things in life that count, like saving a few bucks on an outdated piece of dangerous machinery. Jessa and I are now like Lloyd and Harry from Dumb and Dumber, except Harry is pregnant and Lloyd is attempting to speak Thai to the natives.

Tuesday evening, we went out for Thai dinner and massage. Our Thai restaurant served fabulous cuisine, but we happened to be the *only* people in the restaurant, so we goofed the entire time. I'm sure our friendly waitstaff was convinced we were drunk Americans that had just polished off a few cases of Singha. Here are a couple of our food critique videos:



The massage experience was interesting to say the least. Since Jessa is pregnant, she opted for a foot massage and I went for the traditional Thai massage. I just don't see how they can spend an hour on your feet only. Hell, if I'm going to have a 1 hour foot massage, they better power-wash, hair-pluck, nail-paint and heel-shine for me to get my money's worth.

So anyways, my personal massage therapist got about halfway up my hamstrings, then leaned over and asked me if I wanted a "happy ending". I'm pretty sure by happy ending that she didn't mean a lollipop or free sticker, like my happy ending at the dentist. I think she was surprised when I said no, because I don't think they get that response much. She actually left the room, then came back to finish the last half of the massage. Maybe she had to ask permission to do a normal, clean, healthy routine. In the end, they actually gave me a 15% discount. That's all the happy ending I need.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. That was very funny. Don't know if you watch "Curb Your Enthusiasm" ever, but there's an episode like that. Very funny.

Be careful with Jessa on that scooter!

love you
natalie

Phaedra Cote said...

Jessa should be getting a foot rub daily....and you can give her one for free ;) Your story of your massage is freakin' hilarious! I laughed out loud. Take care of your girl and keep the pictures coming, it looks like you guys are having a blast.

Phaedra.

Diane Swift said...

LOL.....Too funny....I've heard about those 'happy ending' massages.

Tim Gilreath LMP said...

I know that option is not offered at our clinic and never will be. Thailand does a great job with food I'm sure but combining prostitution with such an effective form of treatment as massage is truly a shame and certainly does not help our cause here in the states where we have spent years trying to change the perseption of our modality and move it into the realms of medical treatment where it belongs. Be carefull on that scooter my friend there are 5 people on it.

jessithompson said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh today. Hugs to you both! :)

Roger Thompson said...

Is that a Madona song in the background? Where the hell are you guys? You did leave the States didn't you. You are not in Phuket, Texas are you?