Monday, November 26, 2007

Smile for the camera



Not that you don't *want* to hear about every subtle nuance of our 17 hour flight to Phuket, Thailand, but I'm jet-lagged, sleepy, and have a million very important things I want to do (meaning I'm going to go find some good shrimp pad thai as soon as I finish this post, then go sit on the beach and read a book).

So I'm going to write this blog in "pictures" with captions underneath. For those of you who have ADD, like pop-up books, are dyslexic, have bad eyesight, or just don't like to read, what a goldmine this blog posting will be. For the rest of you, TOUGH LUCK because I'm not going to type any more than I have to today. ;)



My lovely wife. News flash: if you haven't heard, there's two lovely little twin boys inside!



I know it's sideways. Cock your head. That's me eating an unidentified meaty object at the Seoul, Korea airport.



Breakfast, at our resort in Phuket. Getting the feeling that I eat alot when I'm on vacation? Highlight of this breakfast was the painfully spicy fish sauce I put on my chinese chicken porridge. Please pass the mouthwash.



Looking out over the lagoon from our resort.



Feeding YumYum, the baby elephant hanging out in the hotel lobby.



My hot pregnant wife, gettin' jiggy wit a frog.



Lounging in the resort lobby.

Cheers, I promise I'll say more words next time...we're off to Phuket town tomorrow for a Thai cooking class! I'm going to make my speciality, the Oops I Cut My Finger Pad Thai.

8 comments:

Bucer's Coffeehouse Pub said...

Ben and Jess ~

I LOVE the movie clips. So cool! We miss you already! Glad you had a safe trip and are enjoying the warm weather. OTOH, or paw, Rupert, your firstborn son (aka flashy German boxer dog) is a happy, obedient, dog...except he is a morning animal. I mean he has to go the bathroom in the morning at the first sign of a human stirring.
This is totally normal, I mean I get up with your baby sister, go about our morning routine & head her off to school by 8:10a.m. BUT today we woke up to Moscow's November-time snow blizzard and Rupert was intent on getting outside to yellow every vertical item (why does he even have a fourth leg?). So, with lots of jackets on, and boots without socks, and my thin workout sweatpants...I stood shivering in the alley behind Bucer's Pub, sipping my skinny, extra hot, QUAD latte and thought about you on the beach in Thailand while keeping an eye on your sweet Rupert, who I am very certain has a bladder that should be in that elephant instead! But of course, this is preparation for when I help with the twins, not that they will pee on telephone poles, car tires and scooters...but on second thought, they /are/ Ben's sons, who knows?

Love from Wintery Wonderland...it's beginning to look lots like Christmas. ~ Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a ton of fun guys! Jessa, you look absolutely beautiful and glowing! Ben, you look alright too, I guess. :) That baby elephant...I'm so jealous. Wesley says hi. Are you guys still planning on traveling Europe a little after Zach and Marta's wedding next year? If so, it'd be cool to talk about meeting up/traveling together, unless your two boys will inhibit that. You could use an extra couple hands, right?

we love you guys so much. Have a safe trip! good luck on your race, ben. knock em dead.

Blessings,
natalie and wesley

LORIE said...

Ben and Jess! Thanks for sharing this@ I was wondering how you two were doing! Congrats on twins!!!!! LOVE IT!

Aunt June said...

Hi Ben and Jessa...wow, Thailand...and in only 17 hours!!! What a looonnnggg trip, huh? That is awesome that there is an elephant in the lobby. So unusual. Hope you both have a great time at the cooking thing and do well at the race, Ben. I cannot believe that you race in so much pain...willingly!!! Hope you are not doing any permanent damage to your legs or back racing with issues. I will pray for your pain to subside for the race! I laughed at your mom's comments...hilarious...I can just picture her out in the snow with your dog and coffee!!
Love,
Aunt June.

Anonymous said...

Ben & Jessa,

Love your video of Jessa's precious belly!! Greg and I are stting at home reading your blog and ooohing and ahhhhing over your blessing of TWO BABY BOYS! We're so excited for you four!

Enjoy the lovely weather in Thailand, it snowed inches here in Spokane last night and tonight the roads are icy and dangerous, yuck!

Have fun and please post more pictures, Greg loves 'em!

Love,

Nat & Greg

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben & Jessa- Congrats on the twin boys!! Jessa you look marvelous. Enjoy Thailand & have a kick booty race. Katie H

Phaedra Cote said...

Benji! So glad to see you guys made it safely.....I must say I LOVE the pictures.....much more fun than the reading and NO I'm not dyslexic-I just like pictures. Jessa looks FANTASTIC and I'm so glad you guys could get away before those little tigers are born. I'll keep checking in as long as you keep promising to post pictures. The food looks SO YUMMY, I'm jealous.

Tear it up and have fun!
Phaedra.

M-Dot said...

Team Greenfield's!

Hey all! Glad to see and hear you made it safe and sound. Cool pet elephant lol.
Can see where Ben got his sense of humor! Loved your moms response. We were rolling. totally understand dog humor.
You are so gonna kick race bootay there they won't know what hit them.
Most important rest enjoy the beach with your adorably cute and glowing wife you guys deserve it and need it!
Looking forward to more blogs pics, video or words not liksdexy just a fan (:

Michelle and Jay